Before I overhauled the blog I sometimes did this thing where I would share the the things I had to be thankful for each day. Basically, it was a highlight reel of the good things that had happened to me that day. Something is making me feel like I should do it again, so that’s what I’m going to do.
I’m not sure if I want to add a comment for each day or edit the post each day. I guess I’ll decide tomorrow night. For right now I’m just going to post what I have for today. (Well, technically yesterday since it’s after 3AM, but my day runs until 4AM usually.)
I think it’s a good exercise to sit down each day and think of what you have to be grateful for. It helps you to remember that despite whatever suck you might be dealing with, there are good things in your life. The more you do something like this, the more you’re able to see. You even become grateful for what others might consider trivial. But that’s a good thing! It’s always better if you’re not taking things for granted and finding joy in the simple things. As before, I hope that sharing this helps others to find some brightness and joy in their own lives. Anyway, here goes…
August 9th, 2012
- I lost 1.2 lbs.
- I found photos for every entry in the book I’m writing.
- I’ve nearly completed my goal of putting out another book.
- I got to have lasagna for dinner.
- I haven’t had any serious pain all day.
- I found some pretty glass stones while I was out walking.
- My skin is getting really soft again.
- The cat was unbelievably cute and loving and made me smile.
August 10th, 2012
- I only woke up once in the night, but otherwise slept well.
- I lost 0.2 lbs. (Only a little more to get to my lowest in over a year!)
- My knee was the only thing bothering me today.
- I got to enjoy watching The SIMS 3.
- I got to enjoy a relaxing drink.
- I was able to reconstruct my japa mala.
- No one seriously annoyed me today.
- The cat was super cute again.